Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Looking to purchase one of the 2 7V's, both are in equally great condition. Both about the same price, give or take a bit for shipping.
So which one to get?

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
i'd take the newer one if condition & price are the same (verifying the 2002 has LoPro not EdgePro which came in 2003).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I forgot to mention the 2000 has billy Sheehan and vais signature.
So why the newer, just cuz it's newer?
It does have the prestige neck

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Just to back up what @jemsite is saying, for me a signature on the front (honestly anywhere) would keep me from buying a guitar and has in the past. It's a personal preference, some people love them, some hate them.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Blue, no yellow.....aaaaaarrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhh!
lol ...Totally how it went down, last minute decision.

The 2000 hardware looked like it was just starting to flake a little, it was tuff to tell in the pics, but the trem didn't look quite as smooth and shiny as the 02. the 02 looks totally mint, not a scratch or anything to be seen. The 2000 was definitely in excellent condition. neither had any serious or even minor issues, i was probably being picky about the 00 trem. I did also consider the signatures, not desirable is the general consensus.

The 02 lacked the case, but im sure i can find one.

Cant wait to start playing.

·
Super Moderator
7,393 Posts
When I was selecting my JEM7VWH I specifically went after a 2002 and hunter one out in the best condition at my favourite dealer. It took a while but it all came together perfectly.

In my opinion 2002 is the best year for that guitar, in general the build quality is considered very high increasing with time at that stage and it was the last year for the original specs on the guitar.

·
Super Moderator
9,713 Posts
I would have gone with the '02 as well, for all of Jono's reasons and the fact it DIDN'T have signatures all over the front of it. Put the sig where only you can see them, on the front is like getting a tattoo on your forehead lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
When I was selecting my JEM7VWH I specifically went after a 2002 and hunter one out in the best condition at my favourite dealer. It took a while but it all came together perfectly.

In my opinion 2002 is the best year for that guitar, in general the build quality is considered very high increasing with time at that stage and it was the last year for the original specs on the guitar.
What he said; plus the trem posts and knife edges were superb back them.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts