Ibanez JEM Forum banner

2002 Ibanez RG550 Ruby Red - Spot Model??

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  bandrise 
#1 ·
Found this beauty not long ago. It appears to be a 'spot' model. Great playing and sounding guitar, but I can find no information about it. It's Ruby Red (the paint matches my '91 RG770DX RR exactly.) This one doesn't seem to be listed in any U.S. catalog, and the only other 'red' RG550 from 2002 I could find was called Sangria (but that one came with a black-faced headstock and pewter hardware.) Anyone seen one like it? Cheers!
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument accessory Plucked string instruments
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument accessory Plucked string instruments
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Guitar accessory
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Guitar accessory

See less See more
Discussion starter · #4 ·
That IS this guitar, and it was a video sales demo they did of it. The store is actually located in Russia and they sell a lot of Japanese instruments...among many others. Again, I've never seen this particular year/model/color combo anywhere in all of my buying, selling and researching early RG's. Nonetheless, thanks for trying! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.