Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I was wondering about the diference between 2003 "C" (Cort)serial numbered S470DX guitars and 2004 "CP" (Peerless?) serial numbered S470DX guitars.
For what I can see they look the same, but I´ve played my friend´s 2003 "C" s470dx and I just love it, will the 2004 "CP" s470dx have the same quality? I´m looking into buying it used. Thanks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have a 2004 CP model, and it plays beautifully.

But like every guitar you have to get it set up and frets filed flat for the lowest action possible and ****.

But yeah i love mine, especially after i put in an evolution and an air norton. :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But like every guitar you have to get it set up and frets filed flat for the lowest action possible and ****.

But yeah i love mine, especially after i put in an evolution and an air norton. :D
I'm sorry, english is not my native language, what do you mean by "frets filed flat"? how's that or how do you do it?

The "evolution and an air norton" part sounds cool, I personally think the evolution is the best pickup dimarzio has ever made... :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well, you just take it to a guitar tech. And they can make sure all the frets are the same height (manufactures usually leave them all over the place). With the frets all the same height, u can get the action lower.

And my pickup combination is very sexy :D

The only problem with the S series from that time period is the tremolo's arm socket, but if you keep that nice and tight, you shouldn't have any problems.

Toodles!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts