Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Re: 2005 NAMM Report

Was I right or was I right :D

The reason for Fuji gen stopping production of guitars is such....

Fuji Gen make more than just guitars they make another product that has commanded high demand from the OEM Manufacturer and are going to concentrate on production of that particular Product (money I suppose is the driving factor) I cant name the product or who they make it for, but let me tell it is not even close to musical instrument manufacture.. Rich I am sure that those Prestige Guitars MIK are frokm the CORT factory and not world..

Anyways Great report Rich cant wait to see the rest of your report...

Oh and another thing.. Jem FP bodies were made by cort at one time as well..

·
Registered
623 Posts

Great stuff. Thanks, Rich.

Does anyone have any experience with the IBZ pickups? I'm a little surprised to see them on the top of the line Prestige models. Some of the new RGs are gorgeous, though.

·
Registered
4,215 Posts

Some great stuff... Ibanez has really improved on their finishing of figured woods, and it's nice to see a couple of pretty quilts in there, too.

But i'm not sure which is more insane... their pricing or their model numbering scheme for 2005.

·
Vendor
26,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Vendor
26,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Sorry bout that, was the last C&P before running to eat, I was hungrier than accurate ;)

It's fixed.

·
Registered
54 Posts

so what's the deal with the edge pro III? What's the difference? Is the edge pro II discontinued?

·
Registered
343 Posts

Thanks for the report Rich!

It´s verified and I can´t help but feel very saddened about Fuji ceasing production.
This will take some getting used to...

·
Vendor
26,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Nothing is verified until it happens. I was told nothing new today, that's from our conversation in the [forgotten] thread the other day. I threw out some bait and got deer in the headlight eyes.

The EPIII statement is pretty self explanatory if you read it.

·
Banned
12 Posts

Thanks Rich, nice pictures!

It's so discouraging to see such high prices, as well, I was REALLY REALLY hoping for a fixed bridge neck-thru. Stainless Steel Frests woulda been nice too :D

For that kinda Cash though, I want a neckthru :( Jackson USA's are similar in price with their new SL2HT.

·
Registered
119 Posts

Thanks for the photos Rich.. :p

OK OK OK I got my info from someone from Cort!!! OKay!

and photos of product last year but had to keep my mouth shut until something was shown on the web!! and then I pounced..

The W Designation is also used for Cort Guitars now I have been told.. Samick is moving to Z as their designation..

I'm actually glad you can see the quilt through those SZ520's now as well rather than that heavy finish they used to put on them before.. (more like PRS now) ...

I think I will be looking at the following in the next few months:

SZ520BBL
SZ2020TKF :rolleyes: "KRESTIGE" :rolleyes: with my pick of the Australian Crop..

I just cant go back to the RG's cause of scale difference.. (keep missing those notes :D )

Dont you also love how they have differentiated the inlays for the :rolleyes: "KRESTIGE" :rolleyes: line :D

·
Vendor
26,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

I've seen these W's for years and was told long ago they're made in the World factory. Now I've heard several stories there, from it's a new factory, it's a government factory, it Samick that was taken over by the government and renamed, and who knows what the truth is. Everything else MIK was clearly marked C including all the Prestige basses [well, at least the ones I inspected just to check] ;)

·
Registered
3,155 Posts

Rich said:
The EPIII statement is pretty self explanatory if you read it.
Sorry Rich, maybe it's cos I've worked 50 hours this week and still have another 5 ahead of me, but I'm not quite sure what you mean. Are you saying it's like a 'non-lo-pro' version of the Edge Pro II, the way an original Edge would be a 'non-lo-pro' version of the Lo Pro?

*brain fizzes*

*eyes roll back*

*mutters 'lo-pro, lo-pro' for an hour while rocking back at forth*

·
Vendor
26,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

It's basically EPII, but based on the Edge, big whale tail but with the same EPII bar and holder. Different saddles than on any though. Pics will be up at some point.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts