Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Kamikaze_1 said:
I'd like see the 50th Anniverary Jem as a NEW model, not a reissue. Stop living in the past, people! ;)
Well....there's actually the Jem 20th and the 50,000 Jems sold anniversary models coming up. I'm guessing the Jem 20th will be first and yes PLEASE a totally new couple of Jems for us to salivate over;)

ps - you can keep the spinners:D

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
you keep expecting a 50000 anniversay model. I really dont see that happening. At most youll have some advertising in a couple of magazines, or a Tshirt. And they may keep the number 50000 in HUSA or Hoshina Japan. But as Jems doesnt even have a consecutive number they probably wont know for sure wich one of them is number 50000.

About the jem 20th... we ll see. I said this 20 times, but here it goes again. Even though Hoshino did sell out the DNA to delares. It took a very long time for them to sell them all to private owners. To make it worst, since they were swirls and hence all different to one another, a lot of collectors bought more than one DNA (at least a couple bought more than 5 and one bougth at least 10). Considering the very low number of DNAs made, and the fact the 10%-15% or more were bought by a 3 or 4 people, its clear that it wasnt easy to sell all of them (even though the concept was very cool).

So it did a lot worst than the 10th. I mean, there were 3 or 4 times as many 10ths as DNAs and they sold out (to final customers) a lot faster (and I dont see how someone will buy 10 identical guitars). True, the 10ths were a lot less expensive, even though they seem to be the most detailed and "overdone" modern Ibanez.

So IMHO, the 20th, if it does exist a 20th, will either be a very expensive and VERY limited model (50-200 guitars), or some dull and boring annyversary edition of a current model, or finally may be a small reissue of the original 3 models.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
RCB said:
So IMHO, the 20th, if it does exist a 20th, will either be a very expensive
Hey....stop bursting our bubbles will ya:lol:

Of that I have no doubt - but they will put out a 20th....just because of out of their mind people like me that will pluck them up for that price (crazed Jem collectors blinded by G.A.S)

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I dont agree. I the DNA was released first with a list price of 3000 thousend, and the 10th was released later with a price tag of 5000, you probably would ve sold out 800 DNAs.

The 10th may look a little more like a $5000 guitar though, so it may have done a little better than the DNA in that price range.

What really was a turn down was the hige increase in price. Peopl just could help but comparing the features of the 10th and the DNA and tehir price tags.

Im not saying I like one more then the other. I think both of them are very cool and collectable guitars, but they were release to close to one another with a dramatic increase in the price. Since they were released in different moments, I dont think you can say that people chose the 10th over the DNA at all.

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
Come on, you know the Jem10th just screams 'Class'.
Not to me it doesn't, I don't like it. I think it's what Prince Charles would buy if he was a shredder. Nor do I like the white Jem with gold hardware, it looks like something Liberace would own. I want to see Ibanez return to bright colours, the recent guitars are usually very boring looking to me. Late 80's / early 90's, those were the days.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.