Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have been searching high and low for some time now for a well-priced (read: cheap...I'm broke and can't actually afford another guitar at the moment, but hey...you know how it goes...) Ibanez RG axe and I managed to find one listed on a local auction site (similar to Ebay).

It's listed as a RG470 and I asked the seller for the serial #, which he gave me, and it indicates that the guitar was built in 2007 in Korea.

However, according to the research I've done online, Ibanez supposedly stopped manufacturing the RG470's in 2004.

Can any of you tell me for sure whether this is true? Is this guy yanking my chain and trying to rip me off? He doesn't seem to know much about guitars (I had to explain to him how to find the serial number) so maybe it's just ignorance?

Your help would be much appreciated, thanks all!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
I'd say there's a good chance it's a RG370, if that. Give us the link to the auction or a pic, and we should be able to identify it. Does it look like any of these:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Linkage

The photo on the auction site is off the internet, it isn't a photo of the actual guitar (I will of course be requesting photos before I bid) but the one they've put up doesn't have sharkfin inlays, it has the dots.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I believe that the pic posted by the seller is of a MIJ RG470 as the one in the pic has IBZ "V" pickups (to my knowledge, the Korean ones have INF pups in them).

I'll try and post the pic once I figure out how (this is my first thread) :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Mkay, so it turns out this guitar is in fact a GIO. Looks nothing like the pic which the seller posted either, it's a H-H with a pickguard. I should have known though, the price was ridiculously low. Thanks for your time, guys!

There is a rare RG470EX MIJ 2001 up for grabs here as well, gonna have to save my pennies real quick before it's sold. Bit of a crappy finish (gun metal silver, ugh) but really purdy otherwise.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts