Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1332 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
End of November, already!

And we didn't get much news about what is going on in Fujigen plant for 2008.

So, this is a call to anyone who could have picked here or there pieces of info about next year line-up.

Please,feed my GAS!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I am very curious as well, although I am a total Ibanez newb and don't know when the "news" comes out.

What time of year did the news come out & when was one able to actually purchase them in store?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I'm not excited because there most likely won't be a new Jem. They should "can" the new black Jem and come out with something radical.

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
A good, solid 7-string version of the RG550 with a body made from something other than basswood might be nice, plus some decent finishes for the RG Prestige range and a little more choice for the lefties.

I know I'm dreaming. I expect to be disappointed again with Ibanez in 2008. If they do something cool it'll be a nice surprise, but there's no way I'm getting my hopes up.

·
Banned
544 Posts
They should release those limited edition Ibanez RG-2007 (or whatever) as U.S. production models and do away with the crap line they have now.

EDIT:

Aside from the RGT320Q, which is just a masterpiece. But, one brilliant guitar out of 20 doesn't cut it.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Isn't the Gemini nothing more than a DS-1 and a TS-9 side by side?
Yup, because combining the two into one pedal is the awesomest idea ever. I'm going to be really pissed if they don't make it swirled. And I mean a real swirl, not just spraying all of them with the same identical swirl pattern

Anyway I'm hoping for a new j custom models or two. They're nice, but they've essentially been making the same guitar since the 8670. I want something original like the original line up. I would kill for a new RG ART

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I really expect locking studs to be back (Mr. Hosono made a statement that leaves place for hope a few weeks ago).

Then titanium reinforced super wizard on prestige.

And finally, a fixed bridge RG prestige. I find that the Gibraltar bridge of my rga is not that comfortable for fast picking.

1 - 20 of 1332 Posts