Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Vendor
26,378 Posts
No roller bearing pivot, and notice the huge gap at the back because they didn't re-program the rout for it?

·
Registered
112 Posts
the new models look sweet if you ask me. very tempting alot of models im interested in especially the s5470 and the white rg 2550e.damn gotta to start saving.

·
Registered
679 Posts
and, the other S has a new trem as well. Called a synchroniZR. If they went that crazy on new trems, maybe we'll get some pretty cool new models as well :)

aaand, since I can't read Japanese and don't have an auto-translator, what's the deal with the new locking nut?

·
Registered
926 Posts
Prestige models look nice.
The trem just seems like a shrinked version of the Edge, could be cool but as Rich pointed out the routing seems funky.

Have to wait and see if Rich gives this new trem his approval ;)

Let's see if new JEM's and JS' come with that trem ....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hmmmm, dissapointment. I thought for sure IBZ would reissue the older Edge style trems? I don't understand the logic this company is using to make guitars. It would cost them less to bring back the old Edge rather than trying to re-invent the wheel. Thank god they will offer a choice of the Edge Lo-Pro and this new Z trem. For people who didn't like the Lo-Pro edge before, they'll soon change their tune. hehe.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Interesting.....

I'll give Ibanez a chance to work out the bugs on the first batch and get the routs right before I dive in on the new trems. Maybe they will have it "together" by summer ;)

This means I'll be sticking to my wish list and not letting a new Ibby "butt" in front of the other axes on my list:

1) Explorer - white

2) Deluxe Tele - any color, binding and maple board

3) ESP ltd MW-600

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Colors...eh. The white 2550 is nice...still crossing fingers for a candy apple red RG. ;)
I like how the new trem looks, though! The $1 million question is how does it play.
Hopefully they have the same trem on RG's and S's and convert that cost savings to new finishes. LOL!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Could these pictures be pre-production models, hence the too-large rout?

I'm glad I've held off on ordering an RG1527, maybe one of those "coming soon..." RGs or the S will be a mahogany-bodied 7-string. Can't wait to see the new signature models, 2008 is looking good!

·
Banned
96 Posts
Hmmmm, dissapointment. I thought for sure IBZ would reissue the older Edge style trems? I don't understand the logic this company is using to make guitars. It would cost them less to bring back the old Edge rather than trying to re-invent the wheel. Thank god they will offer a choice of the Edge Lo-Pro and this new Z trem. For people who didn't like the Lo-Pro edge before, they'll soon change their tune. hehe.
The LP was licensed by Floyd Rose.

They lost their license.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts