Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an S570DXQM from musicians friend as I really love everything I've heard about the S Series. It was ~$650. Now I'm finding out that the new S's are made in a new factory that doesn't have a great rep. Should I have bought an older S model off of **** (EDIT: an online action site of some sort)? The idea of getting a used instrument didn't even cross my mind.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
Depends on your definition of messing up. The guitar you bought will probably be nice enough, but for $650 on the used market, anyone here could probably point you toward 50 used Ibanez that are significantly better in terms of quality hardware and playability than what you'll get from a new S570.

Just my personal opinion, but if it's not too late to cancel your order, I'd do so and look for a used S540 (if the S is your thing).

Start by looking in the classifieds here, as there are some super nice axes for sale.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just bought the exact same guitar locally brand new for $580 and some change. I've played nothing but RG's and I am really happy with this guitar. They finally have 24 frets too. I'm keeping mine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Really?? How many hours did you spend setting up the neck? Was it really bad?? I'm getting mine like in three weeks but I'm an uber n00b in floating trems... I've never had one and I'm taking any tip I can find. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
17 Posts
From the time I pulled the strings off, cleaned the neck, restrung it, set the action and neck, it was about 3 hours. The neck wasn't that bad. Intonation just needed tweaked a little. The action was crappy. And the trem doesn't really float. I had all the strings off and didn't block the bridge. Had no problems getting it set and tuned. I've been doing this along time though. If your a noob I wouldn't mess with the neck.

A capo, feeler gauge and the right wrenches. I use all the Dunlop stuff to clean the fretboard and frets.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thank you very much guys! =D I really appreciate it. I just joined Jemsite like four days ago and everyone has been so nice and helpful.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts