Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Vendor
26,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Probably old news by now but it was announced this week. I'd expect Ibanez to do some kind of virtual NAMM product release Youtube type thing, or not. I don't think anybody knows yet, but I'm sure all rules remain in effect that dealers will be able to post new models online 1/1 as they allowed next year. Not clear as to what they'll do about "show specials" they wouldn't allow until the first day of NAMM, since there won't be one, but, stay tuned.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Only silver lining to Covid is that NAMM took place about 30 days before the virus started to take hold in the US. Otherwise that would have been the superspreader to end all superspreader events.

The fallout to the music industry continues to be huge. Whether you’re the Anaheim Convention center or a local cover band playing bars every weekend.

·
Vendor
26,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is no doubt it's hit performing players hard, but there is a sliver of a silver lining. There were so many sales of entry priced guitars during the lockdown they ran the country out of inventory, with nothing coming in it's tough to replace, but everybody that always thought about wanting to learn how to play decided that was a good time to buy one and try, they had nothing else to do. So in a strange twist it may have actually reinvigorated guitar in general as that 5% that stick with it end up becoming players and continue the tradition onward.

·
Registered
175 Posts
There is no doubt it's hit performing players hard, but there is a sliver of a silver lining. There were so many sales of entry priced guitars during the lockdown they ran the country out of inventory, with nothing coming in it's tough to replace, but everybody that always thought about wanting to learn how to play decided that was a good time to buy one and try, they had nothing else to do. So in a strange twist it may have actually reinvigorated guitar in general as that 5% that stick with it end up becoming players and continue the tradition onward.
Never thought about it like that. I thought what we would see is a surge in childbirths but cool to see more guitar interest.

·
Registered
140 Posts
NAMM doesnt make any difference. Compagnies develop, advertize and sell. A tiny portion of the advertizing does not make the market. Good United-Statians people have enough suffered with silly and unhealthy events.

·
Premium Member
1,392 Posts
There is no doubt it's hit performing players hard, but there is a sliver of a silver lining. There were so many sales of entry priced guitars during the lockdown they ran the country out of inventory, with nothing coming in it's tough to replace, but everybody that always thought about wanting to learn how to play decided that was a good time to buy one and try, they had nothing else to do. So in a strange twist, it may have actually reinvigorated guitar in general as that 5% that stick with it end up becoming players and continue the tradition onward.
This is good to hear. I figured it could go either way: either a "non-essential" activity or a "life's too short, I want to try to learn to play the guitar" activity. I'm glad it was the latter because that is some genuine silver lining on the music front.

·
Premium Member
771 Posts
Definitely bummed about this. I got to go last year, and had this year's Airbnb already picked out and everything. :sad2:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.