Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Make own guitar.

Votes: 7 77.8%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have Cort HBS which is my only guitar for now. I have about 150$ in cash. Since I have a lot of gigs in next for weeks I need some extra guitar. I was thinking about buying Yamaha Pacifica 112 [2 piece alder body],really nice guitar. Or I can make my own guitar.
Wood expences are about 200$ + 300$ for pickups,tuners,bridge and rest.

What should I do?

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
Nothing can be done for that price. Save save save. I spend that much in strings a month.
Hmmmm, yes--to musikron you listen!

Seriously, if you need a second guitar quickly, and on that small budget--look around for a used Ibanez RG321MH.

Good guitar for the money, and I see them pop up on GC's used gear section quite a bit from anywhere between $100.00-200.00

Can't go wrong there, and you can upgrade pickups later.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Yamaha Pacifica 112v is very good value and gigable guitar. I can also recomend to You (ESP) LTD ST 203 TS ( strat like SSS, alder, 22 extra jumbo frets, ...), or (ESP) LTD ST 203 FR, same but maple neck , HSS, floyd rose. Beside that Squier, deluxe, vintage modified or classic vibe are very good value and gigable guitars too.
This is cheaper then make guitar by Yourself,and if you want to make it, unless You have most of the parts allready, you will have to spend more money, more time, and in case of cheap components, result will not be as god as secondhand Pacifica, Squier or LTD.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Buy the Yamaha, play your gigs, and sell it when you get enough to upgrade. Building a guitar would take far too long and cost MUCH more than $150 especially if you need a gigable guitar right now. Even if you are piecing one together from parts you run into unexpected issues.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.