Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I've decided to put heavier strings on one of my guitars, but I'll need an extra spring under the hood. Has anyone here succeeded in putting more springs in an original edge block? I ask because instead of having five holes for springs, two of them are screw holes for the spring retainer (which is not in). I don't want to be playing and all of a sudden have a spring come out from the block.

^Not my picture, but you can see what I mean with the screw holes between the center and size spring holes.

Damn... Just realized title says strings... I meant 4/5 springs.

·
Registered
496 Posts
I did this a while back with my Edge Pro 7 when i went from 9's to 10's i realized i needed more spring tension to get the right trem angle, i remove the retainer and put one more spring, obviously i could not put the spring retainer back, i went back to 9s some time after and removed the extra spring but it worked fine for the time i played 10's.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did this a while back with my Edge Pro 7 when i went from 9's to 10's i realized i needed more spring tension to get the right trem angle, i remove the retainer and put one more spring, obviously i could not put the spring retainer back, i went back to 9s some time after and removed the extra spring but it worked fine for the time i played 10's.
Yeah, I did it while running 10.5s for a while but after two weeks just went back to 10s as a like them better. It worked at least.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts