Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed a new neck pickup in my Jem recently. For some reason the 5 way selector is misbehaving. In the position to run the neck pickup only, I get nothing. in the position to run the the middle pickup I get all three pickups and in the back position to run the bridge pickup I get the bridge pickup. I wired it according to a Youtube video, that seemed pretty accurate. What did I do wrong?

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
I installed a new neck pickup in my Jem recently. For some reason the 5 way selector is misbehaving. In the position to run the neck pickup only, I get nothing. in the position to run the the middle pickup I get all three pickups and in the back position to run the bridge pickup I get the bridge pickup. I wired it according to a Youtube video, that seemed pretty accurate. What did I do wrong?
what pickup did you install and do you have a vlx91 switch ?

it sounds like you jumped a terminal or soldered to the wrong one. IF you can take pictures of your switch and how everything is soldered that would help out the most.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what pickup did you install and do you have a vlx91 switch ?

it sounds like you jumped a terminal or soldered to the wrong one. IF you can take pictures of your switch and how everything is soldered that would help out the most.
I installed a Dimarzio Super Distortion Humbucker. I messed around with the wiring more times then I care to recall. I finally got the wires soldered correctly, isolated with electricians tape and it's working great now! My skills with a soldering iron were minimal at best, but I finally learned some good technique and got it put back together. Love playing with the neck pickup. Nice thick sound with smooth distortion with feedback on demand. It sounds great!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts