Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I'm new here in this site and still not familiar on how to post a question. By the way, I own an Ibanez Prestige SRG 2520 for 2 years now. Last week, I noticed that ALL positions of the 5-way switch were giving me hard time engaging my 2 installed SD humbucker pickups. I would just like to ask, If I were to replace the existing 5-way switch, What particular Brand and Model of 5-way switch selector should be appropriate with my SRG 2520? I had been hearing the Cor-Tek 2502N or Cor-Tek 5202N. Can I ask your expert advise on this matter? What are my other options in terms of the other brands in the market? Thank you.

·
Registered
547 Posts
So you finally figured out how to start your own thread...

You should give the switch a blast out with contact cleaner and check all the solder connections are good first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi sepulchrave !!! Nice to hear from you... Thank you fro raising the issue concerning "contact cleaner". About 3 months ago, I sent out my unit to a luthier to set up the action and had cleaned the switch selector as I was already having problems then (meaning Positions 1, 4, and 5 would sometime difficult to engage). Until I began to notice the same problem with the switch selector last week. Moving forward, my concern is only this, If I were to replace the existing 5-way switch, What particular Brand and Model of 5-way switch selector should be appropriate with my SRG 2520? I had been hearing the Cor-Tek 2502N or Cor-Tek 5202N. Can I ask your expert advise on this matter? What are my other options in terms of the other brands in the market?

·
Vendor
26,504 Posts
Ibanez always used a specific SC5 [2502N] switch in all HH applications/. I'm sure you could figure out how to wire it to a superswitch though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts