Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my 1994 Jem 555 that was safely hoarded away for a rainy day finally sold on the bay after 3 or 4 listings and by then I needed the money so desperately. It was great timing actually as it got me out of a nasty hole. I actually smiled!

8 days later I get a message from the buyer saying the guitars neck is broken and he demands a refund. I knew I shouldn't have smiled...

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It didnt come with one so i didnt have one to send it in. I packed it well in a shipping box but it looks like it got the business end of a forklift blade in transit or something.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hopefully you're not getting scammed by the buyer. :S
Fed Ex are investigating and if they say it wasnt like that when he picked it up from the depot then they wont compensate me. Today paypal decided that I have to refund his money which I can't do unless Fed Ex pay me.

·
Super Moderator
9,758 Posts
Fed Ex are investigating and if they say it wasnt like that when he picked it up from the depot then they wont compensate me. Today paypal decided that I have to refund his money which I can't do unless Fed Ex pay me.
If he picked it up, he DEFINITELY should have said something looking at the hole in the box and blatantly obvious damage.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Always send in a case. Hell, you can get a case for $50 these days.

Always take pics of the condition of the packing

Take a pic as you hand it to UPS or USPS or FedEx or wherever. So it shows them accepting it in good order.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.