Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I'm really not digging my stock RG 570 neck anymore as it just seems too thin. Anyone on the board know what necks are compatible to swap OR is there any members of the board that make replacement necks to particular specs?

many thanks!

~J

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's my wishlist:

C shaped like a Dean Dime sig,
maple fretboard,
no finish,
compound radius,
reverse headstock,
jumbo frets (maybe stainless steel...never tried em)

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
You'll have to have a custom neck made to get those specs......... Maybe ET guitars at the top of the page.

Otherwise, depending on the year of your 570 and the year of whatever neck you find ANY wizard or Jem neck will work (as long as its the same width at the heel, thats why year is important)

The Wizard II or the Wizard III will be your best bets as far as a stock neck....... they're 2mm thicker all the way down the neck and have a 400mm radius as opposed to the 430mm on the original Wizard's.

as a note, the neck on the JS2400 MIGHT work too, but I really don't have any info on that one.

·
Registered
9,336 Posts
Yeah, if youre cool with a Wizard II it should fit the pocket. Just need to plug the mounting holes with dowel, and redrill to match your body.

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
Yeah, if youre cool with a Wizard II it should fit the pocket. Just need to plug the mounting holes with dowel, and redrill to match your body.
I think the mounting holes match up......... not sure though. I'll try my 450 neck on my 570. I'll be back with results!!!

·
Registered
9,336 Posts
Should from memory be the same screw. Holes dont match up though. Ive got an MiJ neck on my MiK RG470 (came stock). The holes clearly were refilled and drilled at the factory. ;)

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you guys SO SO SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will commence to digging around pronto!!

You guys rule!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts