Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, my 7 string washburn is starting to p*ss me off. It sounds good with the new pickup i put in. But the damn thing doesn't stay in tune and using a .59 on the low B is too much, the locking nut at the headstock doesn't tighten properly so it makes tuning more difficult.

Would it be worth it to get an Original 7 string Floyd Rose fitted?

OR just get a new 7 string?

I've been looking at the RG1527, looks pretty good and not a bad price, but i'm keeping my options open. What other 7 strings are there for under £600?

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
A brand spanking new RG1527 might be your best choice actually. Especially in the UK. Then at least you know 100% what you are getting. The used 7620 models on **** seem to be going for around £400, £450ish. And for me personally, I would just rather have a new 1527.

You could also check out some of the ESP 7 Strings which are very nice too.

·
Registered
66 Posts
maliciousteve said:
hey guys, my 7 string washburn is starting to p*ss me off. It sounds good with the new pickup i put in. But the damn thing doesn't stay in tune and using a .59 on the low B is too much, the locking nut at the headstock doesn't tighten properly so it makes tuning more difficult.

Would it be worth it to get an Original 7 string Floyd Rose fitted?

OR just get a new 7 string?

I've been looking at the RG1527, looks pretty good and not a bad price, but i'm keeping my options open. What other 7 strings are there for under £600?
I have a RG7620 for sale, in Europe

·
Registered
66 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok man, i might need a few weeks to get hold of the money (my other job isn't giving me enough work) i shall contact you when i have the money

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Other good 7 strings are the RG XL (27 inch scale) series, but they might lie a bit out if your price range.

Regards

André

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
the.godfather said:
A brand spanking new RG1527 might be your best choice actually. Especially in the UK. Then at least you know 100% what you are getting. The used 7620 models on **** seem to be going for around £400, £450ish. And for me personally, I would just rather have a new 1527.

You could also check out some of the ESP 7 Strings which are very nice too.
Definately....the 1527 is not a bad choice either..:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts