Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi...I'd like to buy a new 7 string guitar but I don't know which one:universe, petrucci music man, carvin or....Can u help me?

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Agreed. Nothing beats the Ibanez 7-string. I own 3. A UV7PWH, RG 7620 and S 7420 and I wouldn't trade them for the world. :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
Ibanez really does make a good 7 string. I think if you found a used UV777BK you would be very happy with it. The other companies you mentioned also make great guitars, but Ibanez guitars have always seemed to be the best for me.

·
Registered
873 Posts
i have 2 ibanez 7s.. i've never played the petrucci 7 but i have played the 6 and they are very nice.. as far as esp ltd, schecters, bc rich, jackson, and anyone else who has made them.. i haven't found any to be as good as EB or Ibanez. I've never played a carvin, but i believe many think they are pretty nice instruments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a Jem7vsbl and I love it (great neck!!), but, U know, I'd like to try something different.The question is:How many differents in ibanez/EB neck?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I've tried Petrucci's Musicman but I don't think that this guitar is worth that much money. I own 4 Ibanez 7 strings (Universe 777PBK, 2077 XL, custom 1527 RB with Blaze Custom&Blaze neck, custom 1527 BP with ToneZone7&AirNorton7) so I can compare. Definitelly go for Universe (if you want to spend a little bit more :) ), or 1527 RB, this is fantastic guitar and it doesn't cost so much.

·
Registered
179 Posts
BC Rich custom shops now that i think of it are probably the best guitars you an buy to be completely honest. as far as 7 strings go, theirs are really awesome. carvin makes really good 7 strings too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts