Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't understand it, the only guitars I've been interested in buying are 7 strings. Whenever I look at a beautiful Jem, i stare at the air above the e string and it feels like something just quite isn't there. Ever since i touched my first 7, i've never been the same. Sometimes when i practice, i dont even use the 7th string, but the neck just feels so right, and I know the string is there in case i need it. I won't even click on a picture of an RG unless 7 is somewhere in the model #. I hopelessly count strings in guitar center only to be let down that there's no cool used 7's. Tell me this is curable! Please help,
sincerely,
Hopelessly addicted.

PS: This is really a joke, but sadly there is more truth to it than you'd think.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
i share your grief my friend!! i bought a 7 a while back (my first "real" guitar actually) and thought id wind up buying a simlarly specced 6 string aswell and just have the 7 for noodling on, but since then ive yet to pick up a 6 string i like even half as much!!
i was even on holiday and went in a music store and there was a wall, with loadsa JS's, top of the tree RGs and such, but i only looked at the K-7 cos it had 7 strings! others didnt even get much more than 10 secs looking at from me. you do exactly the same as me playing wise, sometimes never touching the low B but feel reassured that its there! playing a 6 suddenly became akin to climbing a cliff face without your trousers on, just somethin not there that needs to be!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.