Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. What do you think about the stains on the neck, at the nut and the second fret? Can they be polished out? Seller says the clear coat may have to come off, simple rubbing doesn’t help. Seller also says the guitar may have been repainted, simply because he expects a 32 year old player DY to have darkened quite a bit. Hard to tell if this yellow looks original, I think. It is certainly bright. Bridge obviously corroded. I am not really looking for a DY, but keep returning to this one because of the price.

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Guitar accessory Musical instrument accessory

Rectangle Wood Musical instrument String instrument Font

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually when they say may have been repainted they know it has, and it looks like it's dull.

There is wood bleach, but all the hardware on that is shot. I'd pass, but it's your money.
Thanks! All I needed to hear. Reverb prices may have contributed to this one looking comparatively cheap, but it would need parts and work to put it right. I’ll pass.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As long as the colour is sorta accurate, I don’t think I care too much about the guitar being refinished. I‘ll attach a video he also sent. Body doesn’t look too bad, and no pocket cracks he says.

2150USD including intnl DHL shipping. Could possibly haggle another 100 off. Oh well, I will find a pink Jr and refinish it in LNG Instead. That will be my project guitar, not this :) Still passing!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
605 Posts
As long as the colour is sorta accurate, I don’t think I care too much about the guitar being refinished. I‘ll attach a video he also sent. Body doesn’t look too bad, and no pocket cracks he says.

2150USD including intnl DHL shipping. Could possibly haggle another 100 off. Oh well, I will find a pink Jr and refinish it in LNG Instead. That will be my project guitar, not this :) Still passing!

You can do better. Plus, the refin would always weigh on my mind at that price point.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts