Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jemsters - I have a 2002 Jem 7vsbl. When I first saw it, I thought it looked too much like a Strat with the plain white pickguard. Also it has a black truss cover (what a strange color combo) So.....I ordered a 7VWH pearloid pickguard and truss cover. I think it now looks more like a Jem and like it much better. Which you do like better? (Sorry for the crappy lighting and blurr in the photos - they dont do it justice, but you get the idea)

Original

Pearloid

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
The pearloid guard looks *much* better. I'm going to have to do that to mine one of these days. But I'm now thinking about replacing the rosewood with a maple fretboard... If I did that I'd do the pickguard at the same time.

I don't know about the truss road cover though.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
bpd111 said:
The pearloid guard looks *much* better. I'm going to have to do that to mine one of these days. But I'm now thinking about replacing the rosewood with a maple fretboard... If I did that I'd do the pickguard at the same time.

So...you'd get kinda the BFP look with the Maple board....just don't lose the vine please....SWEET idea bdp;)

As far as the truss cover, I think the pearloid actually matches the headstock logo on the VSBL. Looks a natural fit, where as the black doesn't, IMHO.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tom Gilroy said:
Jim, just figured out how to work image codes eh? Having fun?

The pearloid rocks.
LOL....you figured out my secret:) Actually, I'm way too lame on compputers to do that stuff.......I've been a member now since February and I've only just figured out how to post pics:lol:

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
bpd111 said:

Go with a BFP neck. ;)

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
JJEMMER777 said:
Yup.....gotta keep that vine:)
I've been going back and forth with the idea of changing the vine for a while now. I've borrowed a Wolfgang with a maple fretboard, and now I think I understand the attraction. So, if I change the fretboard, and if I kept the vine, I'd want real shell (translation: not plastic) for the vine, but I'm not sure if any would stand out enough. I really don't like the look of the BFP vine.

Sorry, not trying to highjack the thread. I really like the pearloid guard on the SBL.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.