Ibanez JEM Forum banner

which 8string guitar will you chose??

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok guys i need new guitar for new music...
so i'm saving money for a good 8string! and i also need your opinion about my choice...
please tell me what 8string you'll chose if you got enough money...
feel free to comment other ideas!​

·
Registered
904 Posts
If you have the money, Blackmachine seems to be THE 8 string to have. Otherwise I'd go for the RG2228 for low definition due to the scale length - pity that a shortarse such as me has a problem with longer necks.

It shouldn't take long for the first "What's the point of an 8 string" post to arrive ;)

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
i really dont know how to use a 8 string.i can image how cool it should sound but to use to record?its not my thing.and they should be paint in extreme collours.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you have the money, Blackmachine seems to be THE 8 string to have. Otherwise I'd go for the RG2228 for low definition due to the scale length - pity that a shortarse such as me has a problem with longer necks.

It shouldn't take long for the first "What's the point of an 8 string" post to arrive ;)
;) i know man! blackmachine 8 it's the way! good spec and normal price for a hand built 8 string! like you said, it's THE 8string! hehehe

-just a another one question.....
how it looks agile8??? it's VERRY cheep and that's making you believe that's a deal......
it's neck thru and also 28.625"!!!
the only think you need that is to change the pick ups to lundgren m8...​

so that's like an experiment!

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Ive only tried the Ibby so thats where my vote went...hope to get my claws on the other models to try out!!! :evil:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I just tried the Schecter, and WOW!!! I felt like a little kid who didn't know how to play at all...

I didn't vote because I completely felt lost with the instrument, as I am old!! Good luck though!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
aham....guys....i take already one so it's ok....

btw i prefer CONKLIN cause it's your own spec!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
the chinese dude from DragonForce uses a 8 string guitar for one of the songs in teh new CD.
i don't really like df :?

8string workin more on riffage....doesn't work on soloing....or sweeps and anw

i prefer the expensive series of 8.... it doesn't matter the brand...all you need it's good specifications! ;) i got anw the agile ;p no money...no honey....

·
Registered
549 Posts
saw the Ibanez at sam ash. wanted to play it but it was up near the sealing. im not sure if id buy one though since im getting tired of my 7, but its my only guitar thats completely assembled as of now. i think im switching back to 6's exclusively. but ill still whip out my 7 now and then.

·
Banned
266 Posts
i don't really like df :?

8string workin more on riffage....doesn't work on soloing....or sweeps and anw

i prefer the expensive series of 8.... it doesn't matter the brand...all you need it's good specifications! ;) i got anw the agile ;p no money...no honey....
well i like DF! :D

Herman said he used it for riffs only..

1 - 20 of 24 Posts