Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got an old RG570 out of the Bay, and it seems a bit of an odd one. It appears to be Carotene Orange (as mentioned in the '560 description), and it has the standard HSH pickup configuration without a pickguard. It does not appear to be a 560 with a routed out front single coil. Also, it has the bound rosewood neck of a 7xx series guitar, marked "RG570" on the back of the headstock. The face of the headstock is the same color as the guitar. I'll post up some pics as soon as I can take them. It's a nice old axe, and it came with a pair of EMG 85's and an SA in the middle. Not crazy unique or anything, but cool and a little different. It's going to be the "Patrick" guitar to go with my "SpongeBob" 550.

jim

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I had a 1990 RG550 in that colour finish. Or very similar at least. I think Ibanez described mine as a "Road-flare Red". It looks to be a very similar colour though.

Anyway, very nice guitar! I just love the 5xx series Ibanez guitars so much, they are just so good for the money! Congrats.

·
Super Moderator
9,753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! Yeah, I can't tell the difference between the roadflare red and the orange. And with the fading some of these old guitars do it makes it that much more difficult. It looks great in person, though; it's very 80's neon looking :lol:
I love that 80's neon look

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.