Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '91 RG770DX. From what I can find online, the violet wasn't released until 1992, but the serial number on mine dates it to 1991 (the serial is F157707). Its still got the stock pups and its a beauty. To get to the point, I am GASing for a new amp and bad. I don't know if I can part with her but I wanted to get an idea of how much shes worth if I do decide to. I'll post detailed pics as soon as I can get them off my camera. As far as I can tell everything is original. There is a small crack in the pick gaurd, very minor cosmetic damage (maybe 1 or 2 small scratches I'll try to photograph and 1 small chip), missing the back plate, and lost the stock strap buttons. I figure if I can get an accurate estimate anywhere online, it would be Jemsite. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
In all likelihood it is a 1992 model with a neck fitted to it that was made in late '91 and stamped as such, that happened pretty regularly.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I paid a ton for mine....I know that. Ibanez really killed the value of the 770DX by reissuing the red and blue ones, I have seen those go for under $500. In my opinion, it made the purple one more desirable, since it is the only one not reissued. I wouldn't take less than $1200 for mine if I ever sold it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have a '91 RG770DX. From what I can find online, the violet wasn't released until 1992, but the serial number on mine dates it to 1991 (the serial is F157707). Its still got the stock pups and its a beauty. To get to the point, I am GASing for a new amp and bad. I don't know if I can part with her but I wanted to get an idea of how much shes worth if I do decide to. I'll post detailed pics as soon as I can get them off my camera. As far as I can tell everything is original. There is a small crack in the pick gaurd, very minor cosmetic damage (maybe 1 or 2 small scratches I'll try to photograph and 1 small chip), missing the back plate, and lost the stock strap buttons. I figure if I can get an accurate estimate anywhere online, it would be Jemsite. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!
I'll buy it in the 500-600 dollar range.

·
Registered
612 Posts
im thinking 500-700 price range...but if i had one i wouldnt sell it ..the 770s were the best guitars ever made ...an its purple..enuff said..keep it bro

1 - 8 of 8 Posts