Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here a few guitars I've been building, take a look and let me know what you think.
All criticism welcome positive or negative . I trust you guys to put me on the right track, at the moment this is a hobby but you never know....

Cheery top on Ash.

Beech board with Walnut binding 3pc neck Ash and Mahogany.

Kent Armstrong pups and Sperzel Locking Tuning....

Walnut on Mahogany this time same body shape .

Di'Marzio TZ and AN pick config.
And Sperzel Locking Tuning again..

Ebony board 3pc neck maple ,Mahogany..

Tung oil finish on the two and mop dots...
Have more pics if yez want .....LOL.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Very nice desing! very good for your first bild, I don't like the head-stock but that's just my own humble opinion. Your guitars have an organic (not machine made) look to them i hope they sound good, Good job sir!

·
Super Moderator
7,394 Posts
I don't like "racing stripe" neck throughs, but the second one is something I'd go for :) I like the thole solid look of these.

how abot some less "art" shots and some more illustrative shots, whole body, neck joint and so on? :)

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
really like the end loaded strings, really like the finish, really like the hardware!!!

from the front the dial position makes it look a little like its been skewed in photoshop. i htink space them out a little.... but thats entirely personal preference.

end loaded strings look really cool

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I admire anybody who takes this sort of thing on. It takes a very skilled and exact talent to even get the thing to sound a note nevermind build one and get it playing and looking well. I think it's a great job and best of luck from a fellow Irishman!!!

·
Registered
469 Posts
I love the fact that it's a bit different, and the string loading idea looks superb.

Have you got any straight-on shots of the body?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Thanks for the comments guys I appreciate your views that's what I love about jemsite the no holes bared in your face honesty ...lol.. Here's a few more pics. teokiatuan and jono I think were looking for Oh and nato101010 cheers bud but its all good.Devo no photo shop (I wish )...

AANG............

MarkE is this what your looking for .

·
Registered
734 Posts
I love that first one. I particularly love the end loaded string concept. I don't think I've seen that before. I myself really love the body style too. Great job man.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts

I like them! The string through to the bottom is pretty cool. I was thinking of doing that myself. I had seen it somewhere, but it's been a while. It's definitely something you don't see much of, which is what I like. Something different.

My hobby turned into more than. And now since I'm laid off and looking for work this has the potential to put a few extra bucks in my pocket.

·
Registered
940 Posts
I love the beautiful cross breed of Carvin and Caparison! I love the string thru design and the wood! It's just yummy.

I just don't like the single coil in the neck but I don't hold it as a bad thing 'cos if it were mine I'd build it differently and have the same design disagreements with some people.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts