Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ben Fargen and I will have a booth at the Bay Area Guitar Show at the Marin Civic Center in San Rafael this weekend. In addition to a full selection of Fargen amplifiers, here are the guitars that I'll be bringing.

The backs are all swamp ash. From left to right, the tops are walnut, swamp ash (orange), koa, cocobolo, swamp ash (blue pearl), shedua, and quilted mahogany. They're all 6-strings except for the mahogany (which is my personal 7-string).

For those of you who are further south, I'll be at the Santa Monica show the following weekend.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the.godfather said:
I'm not a hollowbody/jazz boxy type person at all, but I love the look of that Walnut model on the far left. Very nice. That Shedua model looks nice too though! Lovely figuring on the body.
Thanks. We just ifnished that Shedua yesterday and I'm really excited about the way it came out. It wouldn't brreak my heart at all if that one stayed with me. :)

BTW, they're not actually hollow bodies. They're chambered on both sides of a solid center block. Frankly, the only thing that maks them jazz guitars is their association with me. We've sold a few to other jazz players, but most of the people buying them are using them for rock or blues.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the.godfather said:
Have you ever thought about making complete solid bodies? Or have you done one before already?
I've thought about it and we'll probably get around to it eventually, but I like to keep these as light as possible. They're mostly around 5.5 to 6.5 lbs. I'd probably have to add a full lb to go solid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts