1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
Come'n guys who have 50 guitars, 40 amps and a gazilion pedals, do something good to other people instead of just feeding your GAS, be attatched to living things and not to dead things cause they don't suffer and they don't love you.
If I was in USA and if I had all that stuff, I'd certainly help the same way I help here in my country with food/clothes/medicines to homeless people.
Come'n open your hear..........wallets a little ;)

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
Great idea for a great cause!

Good on you, Scott! I'm sure we've got a few members that will help out--goodness knows, there are a ton of members here.

I see the $$$ donation request, but what about any gear?
Besides obvious guitars--are there any other types of gear that they could use?
Please feel free to edit this part, but here's a list of stuff I'm sure would really help out:

Strings
Tuners
Straps
Picks

Anything else they could use? Pedals????

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
A wise add-on if I ever did see one ;) haha
LOL--yep!
I've got to heal first, then fulfill previous commitments--priority #1.
Even though just sending stuff to help out is just a trip to the PO, it wouldn't feel right knowing I've got people waiting...patiently for stuff.

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
Hey Scott, I just saw this for the first time........I don't have much $$ but I'll make a small donation. More importantly, I can give a guitar and some unused gear and parts......PM me and let me know how to give it to you (and what guitar you think would be fitting)

I'm thinking my HP 760 would be right up their alley....I just have to wire it up.

Ryc

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
Come on folks, starts today :) Good day to donate to help future musicians get started
Yep--I'm packing up my "care package" today!
Mine's going to Ryc, who will get it to the camp...

Are any of our folks going to be at this event helping out?
Would love to see some pics and video.
Maybe we could get someone to hold up a Jemsite Supporter banner for them.

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
WOW ONLY 6 members replied!
What about those members who have 30 guitars on the wall and keep buying and buying!
Come'n just open your heart even for only a second and make a small donation, it won't hurt ;)

·
Registered
791 Posts
WOW ONLY 6 members replied!
What about those members who have 30 guitars on the wall and keep buying and buying!
Come'n just open your heart even for only a second and make a small donation, it won't hurt ;)
Why not donate your free guitar? What an awesome gesture that would be, that the kindness of strangers wouldn't benefit you directly, but people who really needed help. And everyone that came together to help you out would also be doing something for a good cause. I can't think of anything that would show a greater commitment behind your words.

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
Why not donate your free guitar? What an awesome gesture that would be, that the kindness of strangers wouldn't benefit you directly, but people who really needed help. And everyone that came together to help you out would also be doing something for a good cause. I can't think of anything that would show a greater commitment behind your words.
I don't have 30 guitars on the wall and I don't keep buying and buying.
If I knew my guitar would save a life I would do it.
Plus I cannot donate a donation, it'd be so rude with my donators.
If I had an international credit card I'd donate some money but as I spoke to Cid some time ago, I don't have it.
Your comment is clearly a personal provocation and has nothing to do with this thread, what a negative person you are, instead of helping getting more donators for Elcid, you decided to make that terrible personal reply, shame on you.
Things like this shows people real faces.
Some good people here are trying to help other people and some like you really can't understand that act and put personal stuff above it.
BTW if you knew how many homeless people and abandoned animals I help IN MY COUNTRY, you'd know that's why I don't have money to keep buying gear or donating to other countries.Well people who know me know everything I do.
Now please get back helping this thread.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
I'll second this. Once he does that, maybe people's perception of him being a major a$$h0le will change.

Jimmy:smile:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.