Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Guys that's pretty crass asking him to donate a guitar being made for him as a gift customized for him! Edit: should make sure I'm posting in the correct thread next time haha.

Edit: this is also extremely rude to those putting hard work and good money into it. They are making a guitar for a friend, not a 12 year old who may or may not pick the guitar up ever again.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
WOW ONLY 6 members replied!
What about those members who have 30 guitars on the wall and keep buying and buying!
Come'n just open your heart even for only a second and make a small donation, it won't hurt ;)
No, Linux, crass is purposely making someone feel guilty for working their *ss off to be able to have 30 guitars, trying to guilt trip them into donating to some kids they don't even know for a community that isn't theirs.

Because of his attitude I would burn one of my f'ing guitars before I would donate it.

It I wanted to donate I would, not because some jerk that everyone seems to revere for some stupid reason throws a guilt trip.

If it that important to him, he could ask the guys building that guitar if they would like to donate it the cause. They seem like cool guys, I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem doing it if it's what he really wanted.

Sorry, I have held my tongue for awhile but I can't anymore.

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
I understand your side completely. Having been on both sides of the fence myself recently, its certainly easy to throw stones to both. I honestly believe a lot of his issues are purely cultural/language based, not necessarily him trying to guilt trip people. He has nothing to do with this donation and it seems likes he's just trying to get people to help out from my perspective. At least I hope that's what's going on.

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
No, Linux, crass is purposely making someone feel guilty for working their *ss off to be able to have 30 guitars, trying to guilt trip them into donating to some kids they don't even know for a community that isn't theirs.

Because of his attitude I would burn one of my f'ing guitars before I would donate it.

It I wanted to donate I would, not because some jerk that everyone seems to revere for some stupid reason throws a guilt trip.

If it that important to him, he could ask the guys building that guitar if they would like to donate it the cause. They seem like cool guys, I'm sure they wouldn't have a problem doing it if it's what he really wanted.

Sorry, I have held my tongue for awhile but I can't anymore.
I agree that Treva is using guilt to nudge people into possibly making a donation. right or wrong, that's the way charities ALWAYS start...... you know, the "For the price of a cup of coffee" commercials we see while we sit our fat-a$$es in our lazy-boy's drinking mai tai's from a golden chalice. Fortunately, you won't ever have to feel guilt over the gear you own. You know what it took to get to that point..... and I do too, to some extent. You earned it......... and only you get to decide what happens with it (unless you have a wife........ then your screwed...LOL)

So yeah, Treva is strong-arming......... but you know what? there's a reason they do it....... it works. You can't fault the tactic, just the delivery.

Why not donate your free guitar? What an awesome gesture that would be, that the kindness of strangers wouldn't benefit you directly, but people who really needed help. And everyone that came together to help you out would also be doing something for a good cause. I can't think of anything that would show a greater commitment behind your words.
Our "classified watchdog" poking the bee's nest......... shocking (not)

Aren't you in some sort of "official" position? Are these the examples we want all of Jemsite to follow? Taunting a member you apparently have no respect for?? really??

BTW.... these are not real questions.......... I'm poking at YOU Diamond Dave.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Why not donate your free guitar?
Way to go on calling a melodramatic bs'er!!

I'll second this. Once he does that, maybe people's perception of him being a major a$$h0le will change.

Jimmy:smile:
I'll take your second and raise it a third! 6fingers is a narcissistic tool!!
Those who are really out to help others don't need to throw a parade in front of themselves! :roll:

Back on topic, I'm sure I can donate something Cid!! :D

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.