Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Steve Vai is a Stunning performer which can take your breath away with his music...I love his Performance at Eric Clapton Crossroads Guitar Festival in 2004. Have a looking to this Stunning live performance which I found at Clipta Music Video.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
If Vai is the Main Course...I must be the toothpick you use afterward. :lol: :mrgreen:

He does that performance on one of his DVD's...Completely jaw dropping, and that doesn't even begin to describe his ability, inventiveness or courage for the dramatic!! :D

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Bonus points for the guitarist who goes back and forth to the guitar and keyboard for both solo and accompanyment to shred and harmony. I'm impressed, and i'm not a big Vai fan at all.

I've been to G3 3 times and my mind always wanders back to this epic parody :lol:

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Vaguely. I guess I didn't realize it was Tony. Again, not much of a Vai fan, so I don't keep up with his stuff or who he's recording/touring with. I much more into prog/tech metal and all the underground stuff since i'm also a booking agent and promoter.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Well, you gotta respect the greats! Just not always on my playlist lol...and i'm on Jemsite because I shred the 'Nez just like everyone else on here...who doesn't love talking gear!

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
Great performance! :)

No reason to be picky, but I don't think MacAlpines sound is good at all in that setting. I prefer Mike Keneally as Vais sidekick. He is just as sick as MacAlpine, but with a more gentle tone.

And the hats. Must love them. :D

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
Great performance! :)

No reason to be picky, but I don't think MacAlpines sound is good at all in that setting. I prefer Mike Keneally as Vais sidekick. He is just as sick as MacAlpine, but with a more gentle tone.

And the hats. Must love them. :D
Gotta a point there.
TO ME MAcalpine shredding always sounded bad and only a bunch of scales and arpeggios,I have 8 macalpine records because at that time I was studying him but I don't like any of his songs,I like some parts ,just it.
About his tone,always crap,alive and in all records.
But it's cool that Vai not even invite famous musicians to his stage but not famous people too and other musicians like violin players.
Vai is a show and not only a guitarist.

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
Point in case well made. Vai is a performer.

I'm still not a Vai fanboy though (I follow the church of Petrucci :lol:)
LOL

Vai has so many instrumental albums and Petrucci has only 1 instrumental album = apples and oranges LOL
I'm not a fanboy of anybody,I'm fan of music.
Even if Vai was a statue at the stage still I'd love his music cause honestly I don't care about hairs,cloathes and tatoos LOL
BTW Dream Theater is my favorite band since 1994.
Petrucci is my fav guitarist in a band WITH VOCALS but I really don't like his instrumental album.
Vai is my fav instrumental guitarist since........always.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Awesome video. Vai and The Breed doing what they do best in front of a huge crowd.

Is it showing off? YES

Is there anything wrong with that? HELL NO

Rock on, guys. :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts