Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I decided to biuld a Jem style guitar body, I wanted a Square nech heel. Well, I can't find any Ibanez necks without the AANJ. Would it be easy to turn a AANJ into a normal square heel? Would it just be like filling in the one hole, and drilling a new one? Thanks...

·
Registered
33 Posts
thats alot of trouble to go through not too mention the cost of a decent aanj neck. contact me pm ...just so happens i know where a square heel reverse ibanez 570 neck is... ;) Its real...."close to home"!

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I don't think you could convert an AANJ to an old heel without it being horribly noticeable. AANJ necks are sculpted closer to the body, what I mean is the neck contour turns into the neck joint area closer to the 24th. You'd see what I mean if I could find the pics of a "canceled project" somewhere here on Jemsite where they converted an old style neck into an AANJ. In the pics it shows they had to fill in the 2 holes (furthest from the neck pick-up) and further sculpt the neck.

It's barely practical to do the old style to AANJ conversion, the other way around would just be a waste of time and effort. Just get an old style neck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts