Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yes, no more square heels, i think it was a strategy by ibanez so people wont use their necks on other guitars.....I personally don't like the AANJ as much as the square heel...

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
well the very first one was on the old maxxas line in the 80's but they really didn't do anything with it until the mid/late 90's but I don't remember the year.

·
Registered
962 Posts
1993 was the first year for RGs and JEMs

1987-1992 had the old square neckjoints (my personal favorite)

The Frank Gambale's had the AANJ several years before 93, I think they were the first, not sure though.

·
Registered
946 Posts
I have an 89 S540CT6 that has the first generation AANJ. For some mysterious reason, the AANJ was used on the vintage trem 540-CT6 several years before they put it on the regular, Edge-equipped S540s. So in the 89 catalogs, both the Maxaas and the 540CT6 have the AANJ. The original design differed from the later versions though: it's a little more oblong looking (see pics in the 89 catalogs). Some people prefer the early design.
Bert

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
The '93 Jem7VWH had the AANJ, but it didn't appear on the RG line until '94. I've seen loads of '93s with the original neck joint.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts