Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the problem...for my current gear...I don't use any racks o anything complicated...I like all in the floor...I mostly use Boss Pedals....here the thing...I had conected from left to right...an Crybaby, DS-1, Morley Wah Pedal, Digital delay Boss and an Noise Supressor also by Boss...I know not why but when I connect the pedals in a different order...my sound changes...also...the morley is sounding diffrent, the neck pickup of my guitar its pretty damage...and when I change to it ,it make noises...the NS-1 helps a little...anyway...yesterday a friend lend me and Digitech multieffect processor...and I don't know why but the noise was completely gone!!...I used the dist coming from the digitech...and when I turn on the DS-1 the noise came again!!! explain that to me please jeje I want to buy new pickups...maybe the sustainer...but im afraid...the noise will remain...because I don't use multieffect processors...any recommendations??? help please...

·
Registered
591 Posts
Did the neck pickup make the noise before you changed the order of your pedal chain?
Also how about the Morley? Did it start sounding bad when you changed the pedal order? It's hard to tell when all the wicked stuff started happening from your post.

Have you replaced all the batteries in each pedal? If not, then do so and check it again.
Try some different patch cords and see if the fault lies there.

Use process of elimination : Start with one pedal between the guitar and amp...check your front and back pickups for noise...add another pedal into the chain 1-at-a-time and see when the noise starts happening.

If none of that works, then I'd put the pedals back into the order that didn't make any noise.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man...well I don t know why but...I think that the problem is the neck pickup...It could be that the Digitech has a very effective compression...but if I disconnect the digitech the noise remains...specially when I turn on the DS-1...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.