Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've been playing quite a few jems recently..... Noticed the jr was cool but stripped down. But to be honest I picked up the white 7v and the only noticeable difference was the trem, neck shape and frets (jumbo on the jr).... I won't go into the pups and tronics as it's all subjective and to be honest all of the guitar is upgradeable. But there was a yellow 1989 777 used sat in the shop at the same time for about 拢1999 I think. God that thing felt gorgeous!

The best thing was it had been played in and didn't feel so dry (like most ibanez necks before a couple of months play in).

So I'm gunna hit up a nice yellow jr and mod it... Any of you guys have any tips on trems, parts etc? Also, would it be totally possible to switch out to medium jumbo frets? I don't want any clever comments on this I know the ins and outs and the pricing. Just a new face in a community 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I mean...... Considering the 拢2000 difference..... What am I paying for.... Slimmer frets and a better whammy? Please....

Registered
Whoah! Hey Elcid! Welcome back!

Josser: I think if you lived with both instruments for a month or two the differences would become clearer. Granted there is a high premium on a legit MIJ JEM compared to, say, a MIJ RG. But a MIJ JEM or RG compared to the Jem Jr? I'd say there are clear differences.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts