Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
The craftsmanship looks impeccable on the guitars on the site. I love the inlays that they've done for customers on the site. Apparently, they have a lot of religious customers. ;p But that aside, the guitars are beautiful, especially the tops. The quilted tops were gorgeous.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
It just looks like another PRS to me. And considering the amount of people on here that "dislike" PRS guitars, I am guessing they wouldnt sell very well here. I personally like it, but am not too keen on the "fanciness" of the guitar. For me, its a bit too fancy on the inlays, binding, body. It looks like an art piece, not a guitar. And that price.......wow! Admitedly the quality is probably out of this world amazing though!

Obviously he can make less-intricate guitars, something more plain and ordinary. Something more "plain" may be better for everyday useage.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
here is a pic of one i save from a while ago.. i don't think ti's still on the site.. it's a little over the top.. but i love the quilt top and color

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
The inlays are really sweet on that guitar, but that's really the only thing that I particularly like about it. The body shape seems quite awkward and I'll be damned if I EVER spend that kind of money on a guitar......EVER!!

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
I just took a look at the site... the inlays are effing beautiful. Either way... I still can't see myself forking over billions of dollars for a single guitar. Even if Jesus Himself came down from Heaven and put his carpentry skills to use and built the guitar.... I'd say, "Jesus... love your work man, but the price needs to come down a bit."

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Knightmeir said:
I just took a look at the site... the inlays are effing beautiful. Either way... I still can't see myself forking over billions of dollars for a single guitar. Even if Jesus Himself came down from Heaven and put his carpentry skills to use and built the guitar.... I'd say, "Jesus... love your work man, but the price needs to come down a bit."
Yeah right?

Unless I hit the lottery 5 times.... :D

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
From the craftsmanship i would say they are great instruments, definitely better than a prs in overall quality level, im fairly willing to bet without having ever played one that they are amazing guitars.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
red5 said:
Yeah right?

Unless I hit the lottery 5 times.... :D
...and why is it always old people who win? What about meeeeee?

Last time I saw those PRS guitars with the dragon inlays they were running for $20k each

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Knightmeir said:
...and why is it always old people who win? What about meeeeee?

Last time I saw those PRS guitars with the dragon inlays they were running for $20k each
Double Dragon is $50k ;).

Regards

André

·
Registered
636 Posts
What!? I knew PRSs were overpriced but $20k each, much less $50k ?!?!?! That's a lot of money.
Anyway about the guitar posted here. The Inlays look really nice, I like the headstock(That is important for me), the body isn't that beatiful though. Like fettouhi said, the bottom is too big. And seconf guitar posted here has some nice inlays but the body looks chaotic.

Cheers,
Can

1 - 20 of 20 Posts