Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Vendor
26,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there's a thread somewhere of other artists playing JEM's, but this was halftime at the Superbowl. It was the last guitar he played before they went black. It was really cool seeing it on TV during the Superbowl, since I sold it to him 4 years ago 8O

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
I saw that! I couldn't tell what exact model though, I thought it was an rfr 550... Looked like he started out with a beat up strat with a Floyd.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Good on ya, Rich! I thought of you the minute I saw it! haha!
Good to see Ibanez in general get some mainstream love too at the international TV level.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The facebook JEM groups are going ape**** over this, which I find hilarious. Vai can beat the hell out of his guitars but someone in a pop band lays one down on the stage and gets demonized for it! Too funny.

·
Vendor
26,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had sold that SK, the neck wasn't the best, fairly heavy scrafjointitis which I had warned the buyer, I did the cut and 2-4 were just way too short. It needed the frets pulled and the board planed, refret, clear, finish. We just cancelled the sale as I have no time to be doing 12 hours neck jobs. I sold it to Levine to go thru LACS to do the work, you'll notice the brown spots on the fretboard are gone. They could have possibly built a new neck for it but he was adamant about having an original.

If you google "maroon 5 super bowl" almost every picture is with that SK, it was the most interesting guitar he played!

And my boy in Bensalem sent this to me today, I'd never seen him play it. The LNG went out perfect, ready to go on any stage. He didn't keep it long though, he took it onto The Voice set and the house guitar player came up to him gushing about how much he loved it and always wanted one and Adam said "here, it's yours". He really only wanted the SK.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
It is interesting to see which guitars a guitarist plays who does not have an endorsement and does not need one. Those people are really rare these days, at least in the public eye.
Absolutely. I often noted this - I'm not into Maroon 5's music. Some of it is okay. But I think it's cooler than all get out that Adam seems to genuinely love these guitars.

·
Super Moderator
9,713 Posts
IT's very, very difficult IMHO to find a guitar that's as easy to play as a well setup Jem. I generally put Bartolini pickups in mine, but that's because I prefer their sound. But the playability of the guitar, those amazing necks, they're just very tough to beat or even equal.

·
Super Moderator
7,398 Posts
IT's very, very difficult IMHO to find a guitar that's as easy to play as a well setup Jem. I generally put Bartolini pickups in mine, but that's because I prefer their sound. But the playability of the guitar, those amazing necks, they're just very tough to beat or even equal.
I completely agree here, and I think that's why I've stuck with the guitar as "my" guitar for the past 25 years. I've tried everything from that comes along, whether it's a guitar handbuilt in London, elsewhere in the UK or one of the US custom shops, but at the end of the day, I'm looking for a guitar that is more JEM than a JEM. And there isn't one.

It's great to see that someone famous to the "general public" rather than to 80s rock guys is out there playing a JEM on international TV.

I believe Levine also owns a PMC!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts