Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I've recently joined the site as I was hoping someone could give me some information as I didn't get a response from the Ibanez customer service department.

Does Ibanez release details of when it's going to retire any of it's guitars so you can get a heads up on whether you need to rush out and buy a guitar before it's retired/discontinued?

I think it was last year where I saw a picture of an Ibanez JEM 77P and I think my heart skipped a beat as I looked on this guitar. I know some people don't like the floral pattern but to me it looked like a piece of art and I would love to have one of those but I need to save up first. I wasn't sure how long this model will be available while I save up for it.

Thanks for any feedback.

Derek

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
No, they don't announce a roadmap far in advance. Ibanez typically announces new and discontinued models timed around Winter/Jan & Summer/June NAMM shows. Dealers have a slightly larger time window. Like any business, they want you to purchase now not plan to maybe purchase later... it's up to them to make their products compelling enough to make it happen. If there is something you REALLY want currently in production I suggest you start saving now if you want to buy it new from dealer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts