Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ned a spare tremolo arm for my Ibanez Edge Original - and I saw an Ibanez compatible arm on eBay for £2:

Is this total rubbish? Or is it likely to work? Seems a simple enough design to implement...

·
Registered
185 Posts
I ned a spare tremolo arm for my Ibanez Edge Original - and I saw an Ibanez compatible arm on eBay for £2:

Is this total rubbish? Or is it likely to work? Seems a simple enough design to implement...
I avoid Chinese repair parts whenever possible. The materials & how well it fits tend to be incredibly inferior. Also China doesn't have any false advertising laws. If you look at Chinese vendors on eBay, you'll see them hocking original Edge trems, but if you look closely you'll see they're actually Edge 3. I would avoid it. It will probably break on your first hard pull-up.

·
Registered
547 Posts

It's junk, as stated the steel used will be of very poor quality and will fatigue extremely quickly breaking at the thin part where the plastic bushings fit, you will then have a piece of cheap metal stuck in your expensive Edge trem preventing you from fitting another arm.

Buy a genuine part.

·
Registered
9,336 Posts
Or better yet, buy a replacement Floyd Rose push in arm assembly. They're designed similar to the Gotoh units, and bypass the issues that can occur with the Edge design.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.