Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need professional opinions

not just banter

do you think these pickups share any commonality and can one switch to the other without disappointment ?

I have a problem - my tech buddy at my gig destroyed the bobbin, screws and jammed one of the magnet poles so I want to switch but I don’t want to get the same pickup in the neck

what do you think of AN to liquifire ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I dont have much experience with the AN, but I really liked the liquifire (had one in an old schecter Jeff Loomis, just hated the finish and feel of the guitar). Had tight bass response, and at the time I was playing "hardcore" music.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Yeah, I would be interest in the result if @WYLD STALLYNS does try either of these pickups. I just got my first 7 string, an Ibanez7421, and I will likely upgrade the pups as opposed to my usual practice of just buying another guitar with better pickups.

The Ibanez will likely stay my only 7 as I’ve tried others and not of them have felt as nice. The pups in it don’t suck, but they definitely could be a little hotter for my taste.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.