Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to give people the heads up about this little known Irish guitar player.
I saw him open Jemfest UK 2003 and was so impressed that I found his site and left an entry in the guest book.
His playing and presence was so impressive that I also had a little blurb in my Jemfest review
dex said:
I was also mighty impressed by Alan Lennon.
The dude opened the show with his band and proceded to show everyone how little effort it takes him to play so fast and so clean - it should be illegal.
He never looked as if he was trying too hard - just playing with the greatest of ease. :evil:
It's not just that he's good as there are a lot of very technically skilled players out there but he is so good that he played all the fast meeedlleeee pasages while casually walking and hardly ever looking down his fretboard.
The only other person that I've seen play as nonchalantly and yet amazingly fast and acurate is on videos of Shawn Lane RIP.
I kid you not. 8O

Anyway I got hold of Alan's CD, called Heavens Call and it is so good it's just amazing.
Very melodic and well structured songs that just flow and fit all together in such a way that you can't believe the person behind it all is only 26 years old.

Just wanted to tell you guys pick up this from Guitar 9 records and you won't regret it.

This guy is going placess. :wink:

ilia

·
Registered
161 Posts
the little town he lives in is only 30mins from my house

i`ve asked all my friends in bands that live up there but they have never heard of him, quite the enigma 8O

1 - 2 of 2 Posts