Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the Vai camp I had access to vais guitars FLO and FLO III. I have many stories and will detail then at a later time.

All about FLO

Me actually playing FLO III (I have lots of videos of this).

Steve had gotten done jamming with us (I played building the church with him) and he handed his guitar off to me and went into the audience to watch us. I just improvised the solo because I didn't even know the song they were playing lol. Jeremy colson on drums and Philip bynoe on bass

·
Registered
70 Posts
the song sounds like hey joe? youve really never heard it? lol
nice playing though and must be great to play vias guitars and rig.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the song sounds like hey joe? youve really never heard it? lol
nice playing though and must be great to play vias guitars and rig.
Lol no I knew the song, I yet didn't know how to play it. But I figured out the key and just played little fills

His rig was amazing. Best sounding thing I've ever played through. People say he dosent use much gain- he only had the amp switching between clean and overdrive- not even the high gain channel because he dosent use it. The overdrive channel was very gainy even without the distortion pedal.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so Thomas Nordegg said his action was as low as he could get it with no buzz, which is about 1.5mm on the high e. I consider this medium. The guitars felt ABSOLUTLEY amazing, the action was great and everything balanced and tight.

To be honest, he had a special switcher that switched only between the clean channel and the second channel (the second channel was enough gain as it is, and they're the exact circuitry as the L1 which is his favorite) and he never used the third. So yes he did turn the Jemini green side on for solos and stuff, but it really was just for extra smoothness of tone and a little more gain.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
That is so cool that he let you guys play his guitars and even jammed with you. He must be a pretty good guy.

Sounds like you had a blast! Thanks for the videos... For not being familiar with the song you did great. Hey Joe is one of only two songs I ever played on stage... lol. (Ramblin Man was the other)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts