Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any similar or alternative to the Jazz III picks?
I would like to have my picks in white. I absolutely like the small dimensions and thickness of the Jazz III. Its also a must that the pick does have some kind of embossment so that the surface is not super smooth and slippery.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I am a bit confused by your question, and I don't intend on sounding negative at all. But, why can't you just use Jazz III's? Do you need a white pick? I know plenty of companies that make white J3 shape/sized picks, but none with a 'embossment'. That said, none of them get slippery either. So I would love more info.

·
Registered
589 Posts
The max grip jazz3s are good I've also been using one of those yellow nylon dava control picks.they're pretty cool as well

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
White picks have better sound cause they're pure light and are connected to your soul.
Black picks are only for death metal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Guys, it doesn't have to be white. I was just asking if there is a comparable pick with the dimensions etc. in white.

BTW, does anyone have the dimensions of the Dunlop Petrucci pick? It seems it is bigger than Jazz III. But it isn't the usual big size of standard picks, right?

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
Guys, it doesn't have to be white. I was just asking if there is a comparable pick with the dimensions etc. in white.

BTW, does anyone have the dimensions of the Dunlop Petrucci pick? It seems it is bigger than Jazz III. But it isn't the usual big size of standard picks, right?
Are you open to the idea of ordering custom picks? These are what I've been using lately - we did an order through InTuneGP over at Metalguitarist.org and I picked a bunch up largely because I'm an admin over there so it was the right thing to do, and as it happened these are now my preferred picks. Print quality is excellent, they're affordable ($35/100, plus a modest upcharge to have holes punched in them), and they hold up well. I believe these are 1.14mm Derlin, Jazz-sized, but I wouldn't stake my life on that.

I've got two dozen of these or so, but since I'm just wrapping up my album anyway I think I'm going to get a bunch of personalized ones done when I run out of these.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
I actually have some of the MG.org picks from InTune, as well as some Mike Martin picks also from Intune and plan on buying some of my own in the near future, I highly recommend them!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Best pick I know is the Dunlop Tortex Sharp 1.35 mm.

If you want a white one go for the same pick in 1.5 mm.

Can't post pictures because of the forum limitation. I have less than 10 posts.

·
Registered
227 Posts
V-picks offer a Euro and Euro II slightly bigger like the III XL's model that has holes for extra grip, I just bought a couple and they feel great similar to the jazz III's but they aren't likely to go out of your hands...

They only come in clear...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts