Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone -

So I have a Vox AD15 as my amp. Problem is, I will be moving to an apartment within a month and this amp is still too loud.
What are my alternatives? Maybe thinking something along the lines of an amp modeler (Line6, Zoom, Korg, etc....) thru headphones? Would also like to record with it on my laptop as well.

As for sounds, on my Vox I only use the US Hi-Gain and Boutique Clean so the modeler would have to cover those basic sounds. Don't care for effects, need only reverb.

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated,

thanks

jeff

·
Registered
97 Posts
Get a Line 6 PODxt and incase you want a little amplification look into a Tech 21 Power Engine 60. It's a powered 1x12 cabinet which provides 60 watts of transparent power so the tone is more or less what you hear thru monitors/headphones.The PODxt would be good for recording as well.

·
Registered
537 Posts
VOX is a sub-company under KORG, just like BOSS is a sub-company under Roland. As for your question, I'd recommend the Crate RFX15, Fender G-DEC, Line 6 Spider II 15, Marshall MG15CDR, or better yet a Vox DA5 which practically is the same amp, just quieter. In order to see it here change the *************** to m-u-s-i-c-i-a-n-s-f-r-i-e-n-d.

:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.