Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My RGT3120 has developed some sort of electrical fault - I assume. It can't be the pickups or amp, so I imagine its some other electrical part - so while I take it in to be repaired I'll get the bridge pickup change I've been wanting for a while.

Basically I want to drop some of the midrange punch, raise the output and increase the number of harmonics, especially pinches, and naturals below the 5th fret. The Dimarzio Steve's Special appears to be perfect for all these requirements, so can anyone confirm this for me before I rush ahead and order the wrong pup for my needs? (I need to order it so that it arrives next week, I have a gig the week after and so I need the repair made quickly).

I play mostly metal, from Vai to Dream Theater and Metallica, and my guitar is of a neck thru, mahogany/maple construction if that helps.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
ss is a very nice pickup.... i prefer it to the TZ... though if you asked me three years ago then i might had had the opposite opinion... try it out see if you like it and if you dont then swap it again in a few months... but you wont be dissapointed if your looking for the petrucci sound

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.