Ibanez JEM Forum banner
4K views 33 replies 26 participants last post by  spkenn5 
I wanted to start guitar at about your age, but thought I was too old and didn't bother. Then when I was 29 I decided WTF I'm going to do it just for fun. I never tried to shred because I thought I was too old. I kicked myself for not starting 11 years earlier- thinking I could have really been kicking arse by now. Over the years there were times I worked hard, and other times I got busy with other stuff and didn't really practice much, but I had fun when I played. Did mostly blues stuff, never really put enough time in to shredding.

Now I'm 47 8O and am practicing a lot and making very good progress. Again I'm saying to myself, why didn't I do this earlier. But it's all good, as I'm having fun and getting pretty darn good. I'm suprising myself, to be honest.

Please don't make my mistakes or some day you will be looking back at 29 realizing how young you were at 19 and should have just gone for it. You cannot go back in time- the time to act is NOW!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.