Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great forum you guys have here,i cant believe that ive been reading posts EVERYDAY for the past 2 years.Anyways i had a few questions firstly ive been using my yamaha dg stomp amp modeller for the past 2 years with fairly decent results.ive been using it with my crappy 30 watt marshall solid state amp,now heres what i dont understand ,im supposed to be running the dg stomp through the clean channel of the marshall but the sound i get through that is not exactly what i want ,itsounds kinda fizzy/thin(read as crap) but when i turn on the gain channel(gain on 2 and the master volume on 5 or 6) i get a much better sound,sounds more compressed and lets say more professional.Now thats fine when im playing at home but i do play in a band and whenever we play live i hook up the dg stomp directly to the PA so i wanted to ask how do i get THAT tone (which i get from hooking up the stomp to the gain channel of my marshall),do i need another EQ pedal or like a distortion pedal in front of the dg stomp.
the second question i have is that im sick and tired of using the amp + the dg stomp everytime i want to practice and just wanted a small handy processor which i could use with ear phones,im just looking for something cheap with a decent sound sadly my budget is REALLY small,i was browsing through a few sites and i saw this korg ampworks modeller for around 50 bucks and it seems to be something im looking for,the sound clips i heard sound decent too.Does anyone know what it sounds like,i know for 50 bucks i wont be getting much.I dont want a zillion effects or 3 dozen amp models just a few high gain rhythm and lead tones(im into bands like lamb of god,shadows fall,killswitchengage,mnemic).Im using an ibanez RG1527(which i truly am in love with,god bless this forum for all the advice)
Thanks, by the way im ALL the way in ****stan so theres no way i can try it out.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Look for a used Behringer V-Amp2. I have the DG Stomp too, and I think that overall it sounds a little better than the V-Amp, but the V-amp is SUCH a flexible tool. 32 amp mods, a headphone out, an aux in for practicing along with CD player or wahtever... It's just cool. New it's $100; I dunno what you could get one for used.

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Yamaha DG modelling gear is probably the best you can do as far as clean/crunch/jazzy sounds go. It doesn't do high-gain too well, I find.

I would sugest running the DG-Stomp into a power-amp, rather than into the amp itself. Also, experiment with cabinet simulations, I find that they make quite a difference.

Re: Practicing, you can use the DG stomp alone, but the V-amp might be a good idea, as it is a bit smaller and more portable than the stomp. I don't have any experience with the Korg products.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts