Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so a couple days ago i retubed my power tubes in my 5150. To what i had in it. I had mesa's and i redid it in mesas.

So it sounded great. but then the next day at jam, all of a sudden i heard this little crackling noise that sounded liek it was a cable unplugging. then boom, hardly any distortion and very little volume.

i checked the power tubes they were fine.

now could it be my guitar?

like it sounded like my guitar gain wise was at like 4, but the volume from that amp was fine.

what should i do. please help.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Sounds kinda like a switch going bad on the guitar.

Mine does the same thing, I have to jerk it madly to get it to work again.

I really need to replace it soon.

*keeps procrastinating repair*

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Good catch Gex! I've had that happen with Ibz switches too. Whack it back and forth a few times (no, not that, the switch on the guitar) and see it that helps.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Yes it DOES sound like a short in a guitar. You play them through a smaller amp and it sounds like headphones lying on the floor cranked up a bit.... and if you tap the guitar around the pots usually, or shake it it may start working (or not) and be rediculously loud. I had that problem in my Les Paul when I had a bad connection after I installed new pickups.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
i posted awhile back about my 5150 dyin , yours sounds like it maybe the guitar though like everyone else said .

Mine when out and i have no sound at all , i switch channles and get a clicking noise but that is it.

I'll know what the problem is with mine soon and i'll post details.

If the problem isn't the guitar and is the amp, turn the amp on and check the tubes and makes sure that all them are getting power . The go from there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts