Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok about a month ago i got my new amp. Its a Carvin SX300 with the 2x12 extension cab. Its my first "major" amp that i bought with my own money an tis awesome. My only complaint is that on the distortion channel this thing is really really really noisy. Iv played through a few other amps before but this one squeals and hisses like no other. My question being If i hooked up a noise suppressor like a Boss NS-2 would this help? If so is the Boss NS-2 a good choice, because my local guitar shop has a used one for $50!

All input is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
This probably doesn't help you but for a few dollars more you could've gotten the Vintage 16 or the Nomad.

Other than that, I have no idea why a SS amp would be that noisy, except that it might have gotten damaged during shipping. Although, just about any SS amp that I've played had some level of noise associated with the gain channel. Maybe that's just the way they sound?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ill check my cable tonight.

Also from what i read alot of people say that this amp is loud. Would the NS-2 be a good option to solve this? Will it even work?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts