Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AmpliTube 3.5 Custom Shop has just been released.... and it's now free for everyone.

The base version includes 4 amps, 9 stomps, 5 cabs, 3 mics, 2 rack effects, and a tuner... all completely free!
From there, you can build you own custom rig at the Custom Shop.

ww.ikmultimedia.com/amplitubefree

ENJOY! :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thnks i can use it with my guitar port too.
cleans are better than gearbox but dist sucky.
You should come by the Preset XChange on the IK website.
Once you register AmpliTube Custom Shop FREE, you will have access to it in the registered Users Area.
There are tons of good presets. Check out the top rated ones, in particular. Great distortion tones from Dimitar Nalbantov.

In fact, Dimi has already done a video with the new Soldano.

I can't post links yet, so this is the best I can do...

ww.youtube.com/watch?v=2lDmR68w_Oc

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
This is very cool! Being able to try and buy à la carte is a really awesome idea!!! This makes so much more sense than having to spend hundreds on software that you only use select pieces of - or having to settle for a less expensive stripped down version that doesn't have some of the stuff you really want but includes stuff that you don't want... really cool idea - I am all over this!!! :)

btw - Dimi is sooooo good :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heck yeah. You'll get a good Marshall JCM 800 model and a couple vintage Fenders, a bass amp, and a bunch of stomps. Of course the real fun starts at the Custom Shop where you can add official models from brands like Fender, Ampeg, Orange, Soldano, THD, for $10 to $20 each. These models are certified to be true to the hardware by the manufacturers. Plus there are tons of "unauthorized" models to choose from. Some of those are as little as $5. We're going to be adding more models every month, including gear from new co-branding partners. Some of the biggest names in gear are yet to come...

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
I wonder if you could use this in a live band situation...I'm guessing I could use my Edirol usb audio interface and run an xlr from the Edirol to the mixing board...but then how do I switch between presets while playing? Will any midi foot controller work? I saw the StompIO on the IK site but it's like $1,000... even for playing and recording at home it would be nice to be able to switch between presets...I wonder what can be used to switch presets without spending the big bucks on the StompIO?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi doriangrey. You can use any MIDI controller with AmpliTube 3. There is the StealthPedal, which is an audio devicein a compact wah-style pedal. You can add on 2 dual footswitches and another expression pedal. The cool thing about the StealthPedal is that it automatically links to your wah or volume pedal in AmpliTube, no setup required. We will be coming out with the StealthBoard later this year, which will work in tandem with the StealthPedal as a pedalboard and more. Both of these are very affordable options.

www . ikmultimedia.com/stealthpedal

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hi peromucho7. AmpliTube is realtime. Latency is up to your audio device. You should be able to do a buffer of 256 or lower with a decent ASIO audio device. The best part of using AmpliTube is you probably have everything you need already (if you need ASIO drivers, check out ASIO4ALL.) And AmpliTube is free for the basic setup of 2 Fenders, a Marshall JCM800, and a bass amp. We've got more amps to choose from than any hardware you could ever buy, many of them officially certified and endorsed by the manufacturers, and still many more on the way. So it shouldn't be too difficult for you to find exactly the sound you want to fit your style. And you'll be able to get it for under $50.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Hi peromucho7. AmpliTube is realtime. Latency is up to your audio device. You should be able to do a buffer of 256 or lower with a decent ASIO audio device. The best part of using AmpliTube is you probably have everything you need already (if you need ASIO drivers, check out ASIO4ALL.) And AmpliTube is free for the basic setup of 2 Fenders, a Marshall JCM800, and a bass amp. We've got more amps to choose from than any hardware you could ever buy, many of them officially certified and endorsed by the manufacturers, and still many more on the way. So it shouldn't be too difficult for you to find exactly the sound you want to fit your style. And you'll be able to get it for under $50.
Are the Soldano models certified?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've been messing around with the free version. I think that is a very good business move to attract more customers. A definate thumbs up from me. I for one really like being able to test things out on my system before buying.

The sound is really great, I will probably be purchasing more amp models in the future but the included Marshall is very fun to mess around with.

To my ears and fingers it feels much more accurate than the modeling in Logic / Garageband. It does seem to be pretty CPU intensive though I haven't had time to really dig into the settings. I'm using a Presonus Firepod into a 2009 MacBook upgraded to 4 gigs ram and 7200 rpm drive.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts