Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine just brought this to my attention - Amplitube 3 is on special right now for $99 until July 25th, that's $250 off the regular price...seems like a pretty smoking deal. It also includes the Metal and Hendrix versions. I was seriously thinking of buying this but was wondering if anyone else here has any feeback on it before I buy.

I checked the reviews section and I only saw a review for Amplitube version 2. I tried the free 3.5 version and I know you can build on that with credits but $100 only gets you 125 credits, which would buy a mere fraction of what's available in the full version for $99. I tried the TH2 trial version and really liked that but it's twice the price.

Thoughts anyone?

·
Banned
5,010 Posts
Ron I don't like it at all cause clean and weak distortions are ok but medium/high gain sucks.
High gain amps sound terrible.
Here is something that kicks amplitube ass, so simple to use and amps sound amazing =

I know you're impressed by $99 but those $99 will feel like $1000 when you discovered you don't like its sound ;)

·
Registered
407 Posts
I agree with 6fingers, usable cleans but terrible dist. sounds. I'd just download the free amplitube and buy stuff when clean tones are needed if what you have isn't enough.

I'd suggest demoing studio devil amp modeller pro, it doesn't look flashy and don't have gazillion fx but I enjoy what it offers for the price. Small tweaks; nice sounds.

On various forums also there is a lot of rave about scuffham amps, I still didn't demo it yet though.

TH2 is also nice. I guess these are all good options for around 100 dollars.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ron I don't like it at all cause clean and weak distortions are ok but medium/high gain sucks.
High gain amps sound terrible.
Here is something that kicks amplitube ass, so simple to use and amps sound amazing =

I know you're impressed by $99 but those $99 will feel like $1000 when you discovered you don't like its sound ;)
I have tried the TH2 demo and I loved it - deadly tones...I liked the Dimi presets :) I guess I was getting lured in by the $99 deal for amplitube...I've been seriously considering buying TH2 but it is twice the price but you're right Treva it's not a bargain if I end up not liking it and wishing I had bought TH2 instead...

And thanks mertay for the studio devil amp modeller pro suggestion - I've never heard of that so I will definitely check it out...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts