Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
I'm on the fence about this one. I know it's supposed to be a JEM, but the monkey grip on a 7-string doesn't exactly cream my Twinkie. :confused:

·
Vendor
26,493 Posts
UTA20 - Ultralight Tremolo Arm

All JS and JEM's will come with one, and the regular bar. It's a bar made from a carbon fiber shaft affixed to the shank of a regular bar. It is very lightweight.

You can also buy as a part, list $124, I have them coming in. $90.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
The 7 string jem looks very classy! I love the 7VWH and 7 string guitars, so to me it´s amazing they made it.

Nobody is going to find innovation with it, but you should accept that it works, well, and wonder what took them so long ;)

And to be honest I put this in their ear a couple years ago, so if you don't like it you can blame me ;)
Rich, i guess this is the guitar you meant with the post above?

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
UTA20 - Ultralight Tremolo Arm

All JS and JEM's will come with one, and the regular bar. It's a bar made from a carbon fiber shaft affixed to the shank of a regular bar. It is very lightweight.

You can also buy as a part, list $124, I have them coming in. $90.
Thanks Rich!!

I suppose these are more sturdy than the original arms? Also, are the bushings still all the same?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Despite all previous statements to the contrary, I absolutely dig this thing. Are the pickups those newer Gravity Storm ones or what?

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
I think it's pretty cool. I might try the bar just to check it out if it fits the standard Edge/Lo Pro hole.

How long until people complain that it's white/not neon
It should be transparent and filled with living jellyfish.

Jellyfish food sold seperately.

·
Premium Member
9,591 Posts
Not the low quality Indonesian jellyfish. I can hear a huge difference between Korean and Indonesian jelly fish.

·
Vendor
26,493 Posts
What took them so long? ;)

The bar is a standard Edge bar shank, it will fit any and the only difference is the married carbon fiber shaft.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts
Not the low quality Indonesian jellyfish. I can hear a huge difference between Korean and Indonesian jelly fish.
No, no! Only the MIJ model will have MIJ Jellyfish. The MII version, I hear, will either have seahorses or (more likely) sea monkeys.

On a serious note, is this the first Jem/Universe 7 with vine inlay?

1 - 20 of 96 Posts